A Doula that walks with you hand in hand
Why hire me as a virtual doula? A doula is a dedicated support person. She is someone that will accompany you and your growing family through the entire process of labor and the birth of your baby. She helps you build confidence in your own innate abilities and to feel secure in your body and your choices. She helps you to navigate the choices that you may face in labor while continuing to support your labor space. A doula knows what normal, natural, undisturbed birth looks like. A doula helps your partner to provide you emotional, physical, and mental support as you journey into parenthood together. Doulas do not just work at home births. I will be there to support you whatever your chosen place of birth.
Virtual Doula Service:
- First meeting will be arranged via FaceTime or Skype to ask questions and get to know each other.
- On call support from 38 weeks up to 2 weeks postpartum (after baby) via text, phone, Skype or email.
- Prenatal planning session to go over your birth wish and any concerns you might have regarding your birth, as well as discussing your options. ( you are encouraged to include your partner in this )
- Discuss any concerns/fears you have
- Suggest how dads can help the mother during labour and certain pain coping techniques/ where to massage the back and what to say what not to say.
- I am here to answer questions, offer encouragement, and guidance. For both mother and father to be.
- Provide evidence based information to you and your partner.
- Phone availably during labour to ask questions and help with birth options, this includes when to go to the hospital or birth centre if your unsure. (video call or phone chat is best to decide this)
- Give the dads confidence to know he can call someone with knowledge about birth to support her.
- 1-2 postpartum support for breastfeeding, talk thru the birth story and other related support she may need.
What Virtual doulas do not do:
- Judge you for your birth preference
- We are not medical professionals
- Meet in-person or are present at the actual birth only via phone
- Make decisions for you and your partner